You’ve heard it before: it’s all about first impressions and I’m here to help in that first impression!
- Declutter furniture and closets.
- Highlight the most special features of your home.
- Remove personal items and pictures.
- Neutralize the surroundings.
- Be mindful of odors in your home (cooking, animal, etc.).
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes.
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home.
- Uses mirrors to help smaller rooms look larger.
- Remove curtains and furniture that don’t let in natural light.
Points to ponder…
- Decorating your home to live in is very different than decorating it to sell.
- The time and cost of preparing your house to sell is less than the cost of your first price reduction.
- Staged homes on an average sell quicker than non-staged homes.
- Buyers perceive value in homes that are staged and are willing to pay more money.